I’m running for State Rep to serve my community as a voice of reason in Jefferson City; to protect the dignity and rights of all people; and inspire hope that Missouri is an ideal place to live, thrive, and grow.
Ballwin is my home. I was born and raised here, and I’m growing my own family here. I will work hard every day to make Missouri government work better for West County, for our region, and all across Missouri.
As a small business owner, I know firsthand the challenges in balancing budgets and making the tough decisions to serve your customers, supporting your employees, and having enough left to support your family and make it worthwhile.
As an Eagle Scout, I believe in giving back to my community. I will take my moral compass and passion for service with me to Jefferson City.
As a responsible gun owner, I believe Missouri needs common sense measures to make access to guns safer, while maintaining our second amendment rights.
With professional experience in healthcare, I understand the complexities of the industry and will work to increase our ability to provide healthcare coverage to as many people as possible and reduce fraud, waste, and abuse.
Most importantly, as a son, husband, and dad, I will fight for your family just as hard as I fight for mine. We want Missouri to be a safe place to raise our kids and start a business, enjoy good quality of life, and have access to quality schools.
I will use my experience, skill set, and voice to listen to and represent the people of District 100. People are sick and tired of harmful controversial legislation that scares away future residents and economic opportunities.
My stance on the issues…
- We must get our economy open and fired up again after COVID-19
- Missouri is losing current business and future opportunities due to controversial legislation like abortion bans, anti-trans bills and the overturning of Medicaid expansion
- I support legislation that will bring needed jobs to the state to keep our economy strong
- Abortion care is health care and we must do everything possible to ensure all people have access to the safe and affordable care and resources they need to make informed decisions about their bodies, lives, and futures
- All Missourians have a right to affordable, decent heath care
- We shouldn’t have to choose between life-saving medicine and paying rent
- Healthcare providers should be able to compete without leaving the patient holding the bag
Police Support & Criminal Justice Reform
- We should equip our police with the tools they need to effectively enforce law and order and maintain public peace and safety, including paying better salaries for putting their lives on the line
- We should NOT defund the police; I will listen to citizen and officer needs to actually make our streets safer
- We should provide rehabilitation and opportunities for record-expungement instead of sending people to prison for non-violent drug offenses; pairing this with access to employment and housing helps break the cycle of poverty and incarceration
- We must continue to fully fund public education; access to good education is critical for our children’s futures
- Our tax dollars should go to schools that can be held accountable to teach our kids the skills they need to survive in the real world
- We don’t need laws that revise or cover up the teaching of our history
- State government must stop defunding schools and launching frivolous lawsuits for political gain
- A solid middle class makes our economy strong
- Missouri should allow workers the right to organize, access to fair pay and benefits, and follow safety protocol
- Right to work legislation is wrong for Missouri
- Anti-LGBTQ+ legislation is BAD for business
- It is STILL legal to fire, evict, or deny services to someone based solely on their gender identity or sexual orientation
- Missouri is past-due in outlawing harmful discrimination aimed at LGBTQ+ people and families; I will continue to fight for passage of the Missouri Non-Discrimination Act (MONA)
- The LGBTQ+ community doesn’t need EXTRA treatment, but shouldn’t be singled out and fired, evicted, or denied service based on our gender or who we love
Your donation helps support Colin’s run for office.
Colin Lovett for Missouri
15455 Manchester Rd Unit 131
Ballwin, MO 63022
Paid for by Colin Lovett for Missouri – Helena Webb, Treasurer